Let never a “Video interview” invitation ever bother you anymore…
Posted on September 17th, 2019
The zero-hours has come. You are ready. The technologies and questions are ready, too. You are looking professional and ready to impress your interviewers with your knowledge and skills. Now it’s go-time!
But imbibe in your brain with these following Before Video interview tips:
- Run a trial before the interview.
- Set up your camera, headset or any microphone ahead of time
- If the connection is weak, take the aid of your friends or someone and arrange a place where the interview cannot be interrupted with technical issues.
- Make sure the background is tidy, distraction-free, quiet and well – lit
- Dress professionally. Not only the video covered part of your body but also the rest because it sort of gives the professional vibes throughout you that can boost your confidence.
- Avoid making vigorous hand gestures as it can shatter the screen
Tips to Succeed
- The first thing you should do is to pretend that the person is just in front of you in-person not just a devise.
- Just like you do in a personal interview, smile at the right times and right amounts. Make eye contact a must. If you can’t do that, look at the “T” junction where the perpendicular lines of nose and eyes meet.
- Better maintain a conversational tone and try imagining that the actual person is sitting before you.
- Before listening to the answer, listen to understand. Try to understand what is the reason or what might be the answer the interviewer is expecting from the question asked.
- Take a moment to answer even if you are very sure of the answer.
Bonus tip: Questions to expect during a video call interview.
- What makes you a good fit for this applied position?
- What is your background that can fetch you this position?
- Examples of time you overcame obstacles in your previous experience or real life?
Let’s meet again with the things that might go wrong in a Video Interview and how we can reduce their occurrences.