Second Interview nerves? Here are some tips to boost your confidence and help you conquer that interview!
Posted on July 23rd, 2019
Firstly, Congratulations on getting asked for a second interview. It’s great that you made a great impression so far! This means that you are being seriously considered for the position that you applied for based on your screening or first interview.
You must have been well prepared for this by now but your anticipation for the questions and the overall process wouldn’t let you sleep. Here’s how you can be cool and face it head held high. Let’s get a dip in…
What all you can do in the second chance given for you is:
- To first think of all the loose ends that you have left in the first interview and try tying them up here.
- Get prepared for all the situational and scary tricky questions like what-if-you-are-the-only-person-alive-on-earth kind of questions.
- Think of all the success stories to tell and your management or dealing with co-employee’s stories if that can help show your potential.
- Don’t ever forget to discuss the next steps. Next steps as in – what to do until you report to office first day – What would be your career growth and growth opportunities and hierarchy in the company.
- If you are given a chance to ask a few questions always make sure you get a lot of information about the below things:
- What do you like most working here?
- What kind of style is your management?
- How do you measure the responsibilities and performance of your team?
- How do you describe or who do you think is an ideal employee?
- What’s can be the greatest challenge that I likely am faced in this job?
- If you have your work samples and if they are carry-able, make sure to take them with you.
- If the same question is asked as in your first interview, answer as if you are hearing it for the first time.
- Take contact information about your interviewer and don’t forget to send a thankyou note.
For more blogs please visit our website W3Global, Inc.